Sunday 1 May 2011

Happy Beltane!

Well,

Here it is the first of May - and I've been a little lazy. I've also been busy (no excuses though).

It's -1 the first of May, and there's now a foot of snow on the ground. I drove to get coffee this morning from Tim's and was not surprised to see a mile of semi's two lanes long - blocking traffic on the Trans-Canada highway between 1st and 18th Street. So, I'm choosing to spend the day in-doors. (There wasn't really any choice involved :P).

As for the purpose of this post....I've been working on a cover for a cook book for the Brandon Cancer Relay for Life. It's reminded me again why I like designing :). So here below are some of the covers I've created as mock up's as possibilities for them.




Anyhow, I'm safe and warm - house sitting two lovely felines and reading to refresh my memory about Beltane (May day) Here's the wikipedia link - History of Beltane according to Wikipedia and here's an alternative article explaining it's history as a worker's holiday from the Marxists :)  worker's holiday in May

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment